Give us some money (please). We'll spend it wisely, we promise.
Binge the Fringe away! Pick up tickets to three or more of these participating events and you'll save yourself rich with 15% off full-price tickets!See all Fringe Binge events
1. Melbourne Fringe is committed to protecting an individual’s right to privacy. We are bound by the Privacy and Data Protection Act (2014 (VIC) which sets out principles regarding the protection of your personal information.
2. This Privacy Statement explains how we use and disclose personal information which we hold about you and the privacy rights you have in relation to that information
3. This Privacy Statement may be updated occasionally. We encourage you to review it on our website regularly.
4. We may collect the following types of personal information:
5. We may also collect some information that is not personal information because it does not identify you or anyone else. For example, we may collect aggregated information about how users use our website or anonymous answers to surveys.
6. We collect your personal information directly from you unless it is unreasonable or impracticable to do so. When collecting personal information from you, we may collect in ways including:
7. We may also collect personal information from third parties including:
8. If you do not provide us with the personal information described above, some or all of the following may happen:
9. We collect personal information about you so that we can perform our business activities and functions and to provide best possible quality of customer service.
10. We collect, hold, use and disclose your personal information for the following purposes:
12. We may disclose your personal information to:
13. We may send you direct marketing communications and information about our products and services that we consider may be of interest to you. These communications are sent in various forms, including mail, SMS, and email, in accordance with applicable marketing laws, such as the Spam Act 2003 (Cth). If you indicate a preference for a particular method of communication, we will endeavour to use that method whenever practical to do so. In addition, at any time you may opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by contacting us (see details below) or by using opt-out facilities provided in the marketing communications and we will ensure that your name is removed from our mailing list.
14. We do not provide your personal information to other organisations for the purposes of direct marketing without your consent.
How we deal with your personal information when you apply for a job with us
15. If you apply for a job with us, you may be required to provide us with certain personal information, including your name, employment and educational background, as well as other personal information which we may require you to provide, or which you choose to provide us, in relation to your job application.
16.We will hold, use and disclose that information solely for the purpose of considering your application. In particular, in considering your application, it may be necessary for us to disclose some of that information to third parties to verify the accuracy of that information. In such circumstances, we will disclose only such information as is necessary in the circumstances.
17. In considering your application, we may also collect personal information about you from any third parties that you nominate as your referees in your application.
18. You may request access to any personal information we hold about you at any time by contacting us (details below). Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will try to provide you with suitable means of accessing it (eg. by mailing or emailing it to you).
19. If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request amendment of it. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
20. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
21. We may disclose personal information to our related bodies corporate and third party suppliers and service providers located overseas for some of the purposes listed above.
22. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipients of your personal information do not breach the privacy obligations relating to your personal information.
23. We may disclose your personal information to entities located outside of Australia, including the following:
24. Melbourne Fringe takes reasonable steps and has security measures in place to ensure your personal information is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. We may hold your information in either electronic or hard copy form. Personal information is destroyed or de-identified when no longer needed.
We will treat your requests or complaints confidentially. Our representative will contact you within a reasonable time after receipt of your complaint to discuss your concerns and outline options regarding how they may be resolved. We will aim to ensure that your complaint is resolved in an appropriate manner with which you are satisfied.
Please contact our Privacy Officer at:
PO Box 24118
Melbourne VIC 3001
Phone: +61 (03) 9660 9600
All fields marked with * are required
All fields marked with * are required